School Site Council (SSC)
Next meeting: Wednesday, December 4, 2019 at 1:15pm
SCHOOL SITE COUNCIL
All Montebello Unified School District schools, whether receiving federal or state compensatory education funds or both, must provide for parent and teacher involvement in the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the school program for economically disadvantaged students and for limited Englishproficient students, students in special education, and gifted and talented students. Schools with School Improvement funds must ensure that all interested persons have an opportunity to participate in the SSC. These programs are supplemental to the District’s instructional program.
- The SSC shall develop and approve the SPFSA in consultation with all stakeholders, with the review, certification and advice of any applicable school advisory committee (EC 64001).
- The SSC shall write and develop a Comprehensive School Safety Plan (SSP) relevant to the needs and resources of that particular school (EC 35294.1(b) (1).
- Schools with Quality Education Investment Act (QEIA) funding incorporate QEIA matters as part of SSC responsibilities.
- The SSC shall receive the necessary training annually to enable it to carry out its responsibilities to develop, monitor, and modify the plan and the budget (EC 64001).
- The school principal shall have the responsibility for the proper function of the SSC.
- The SSC is a decision making council.
At the Elementary level, the council shall be constituted to ensure parity. Half the membership shall be constituted by: the principal, classroom teachers and other (school personnel staff side component). Classroom teachers are a majority of the staff side. The other half shall be constituted by: parents and/or other community members elected by parents --parent side--(EC 52852). The membership of the council shall be no fewer than ten members.
2019-2020 Committee Dates